Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Part 40 : Regret

"E-EMERGENCY!!!!!" Shiro yelled into the public phone a distance away. "HURRY!"

***************************

"A bus accident occurred at the south road of shintaro region yesterday evening. The bus, which was believed to have lost control due to engine and break malfunctioning, skidded along the road before overturning a few times. No deaths have been confirmed but there are a total of  25 casualties including the bus driver....."

Shiro sat outside the hospital room of Kazuki and Narumi. He had half healed himself but ran out of strength to heal Amaya and Akira. Both of them were in the Intensive Care Unit due to their severe injuries.

He was regretting and blaming himself for everything that had happened.

If only I had been stronger. I would have been able to prevent master from controlling me. I wouldn't have hurt all of them.

The doctor came out of the ICU room. Shiro stood up immediately.

"Dont worry." he said. "They're both recovering at a very fast speed. Their immune system seems to be extraordinarily strong. Two or three days more and they'll be out of ICU. You should go in to your room to rest more." he walked away.

"rest?" Shiro said. "After all I did and he expects me to REST?!"
"What else, if not rest?"
Shiro jerked up. Kazuki! "When did you-!"
"Keep it down will you?" Kazuki said.

A moment of silence.

"What happened?" Kazuki questioned.
"The bus malfunctioned and then accident." Shiro replied.
"Oh really? That's exactly what they said in the news I heard from the radio in my room." Kazuki said, a little pissed off. "You don't expect me to believe the bus just malfunctioned for no reason and then it skids, overturns a few times with no result of deaths and only Amaya and Akira suffered the craziest wounds? What am I, an idiot?"

"What else do you want me to say?!" Shiro raised his voice.
"I want the truth." Kazuki said.
"That's all I have to say." Shiro replied.

"It was that master am I right?" Kazuki said in a low voice.

WHAT?! HOW'D HE KNOW?!!

"What master?" Shiro kept his straight face.
"Oh don't go hiding it from me or Narumi, we both already know about you, Amaya and Akira."
Shiro remained silent.
"Now, what happened?" Kazuki repeated.
Shiro glaced at him.
"What happened after the bus overturned?"

No comments:

Post a Comment