For the next few days, Amaya continued to stay on the rooftop for recess. Sometimes Shiro went up to accompany her. But for this whole week, he wasn't there. Only a small note was stuck to a pole near her usual place.
"If you're gonna continue staying up here, go ahead. I'm not coming anymore." the scribbling read.
********************************************
After school the next day.
"So I guess she's gonna disappear again huh?" Narumi asked Kazuki.
"I don't know." Kazuki replied.
"Yieesshh.. Will there be no time when she's free to help me out with this super hard question?!" Narumi complained. "She's not free at home as well.."
"What question?" a voice suddenly came from their back.
"A-amaya!!" Narumi exclaimed.
"Haha.. Missing me huh?" Amaya grabbed Narumi's hand and tucked hers through his while grinning.
Kazuki put his hand on her head. "Shorty." he said with a grin. They laughed.
While walking down the stairs, they bumped into the group of bullies who teased Amaya. There was a silence for a few seconds.
To avoid trouble, Amaya pulled down her anger and by passed them. Kenji, the leader stook out his foot. Amaya tripped and fell.
"Amaya!" Kazuki ran to her. "Are you alright?"
Amaya was holding her fists very tightly. She suddenly sprang up and was about to punch Kenji in the face but she stopped at the position of nearly punching him.
She was panting.
Kenji was shocked by what Amaya nearly did. So was Kazuki and Narumi.
"Heh. Why not just go ahead and punch me?" Kenji asked.
Amaya took back her hand.
"Nah.. I don't wanna get demerit points for one stupid act. Besides," she turned to walk away. "I don't wanna make my mother cry." she said while walking away.
"Oh really? Do you even still have a mother?" teased Kenji. His other friend laughed at it. Amaya stopped.
As Kazuki was about to say something, Amaya walked back and cut him. "Well, not anymore. But if she saw me fighting, I guess she won't be so pleased right?"
"You have everything I don't have. Money, big houses, cars and a FAMILY." she said clearly and loudly. "But you know what? I have something you don't have."
"Really? And that would be-?" Kenji said.
"Three true friends and a positive thinking mind." She said with a smile. "See ya."
She turned to Narumi and said, "Wait for me in the library. I have to go find someone first."
Amaya walked away like a free person. She noticed Shiro walking her way. As she passed by him, she said softly in his ear. "Looks like I won the challenge."
They walked their way. Amaya smiling away; Shiro grinning slightly.
No comments:
Post a Comment