"What was all of that about?" Narumi asked Amaya when she took her seat next to him.
"Err... Confrontation-? Why?" Amaya said pecuilarly.
"That's why you disappear everytime during recess?" Kazuki asked.
"Yep." she said.
"Okay. What question was it that you wanted to ask me?" Amaya continued.
"I need you to help me solve this riddle together." Narumi said as he took a piece of paper from his bag.
"Remember the unknown mailer who sent us the riddle on Kaze?" he continued.
"Yes. What now? He sent another?" Kazuki asked. "Another assasin?"
"Here. I printed it out." Narumi pushed the piece of paper to him. Amaya, who was sitting next to him looked at it as well.
Her heart sank.
" Gentle and smooth the way she moves,
Often carrying along a blue rose,
Once you see the flower dark at night,
Never will you longer be in sight. "
"Blue rose?" Kazuki asked.
"I checked informations about the blue rose. Just in case it means anything. This is what I thought was related to this whole assasin thing. I found this blog about witnesses to the assasination cases. Seems that this assasin's been given the name Hana. She also strikes during the 'deep dark night' according to one witness, just like Kaze." Narumi explained.
"So probaly she's from the same place Kaze came about. Maybe they're related and all." Kazuki said in deep thought.
"Yeah maybe. But the blog was last updated like a year ago." Narumi said.
"Plus, they say that the victim would spot a blue rose lying on the floor or somewhere. The minute they see it, next thing they know, they're finished." he added, "People next to them only see a passing shadow and the victim falling. When they check, the victim's dead."
"Really?" Kazuki said.
"Yep. There was this case where a victim tried to fight back. The victim's wife and children were there. The wife begged Hana not to kill him. She said that were her orders and killed him of. She also said sorry to them." he continued.
"Seriously?!" Kazuki asked, shocked to think that an assasin woud actually have the heart to say that. To even THINK that.
Admist all that the two boys were saying, Amaya wasn't listening. She was thinking.
What in the world?! That was my poem!! Blue rose?! When did they have a blog like that?! Who's this stupid mailer?! This is ruining my life!! I thought I could just leave that dumb past behind.. Everything was going smoothly and then THIS MAILER HAD TO RUIN EVERYTHING!!! I can't let them know that I was Hana.. This sucks.. This has to be a dream. A terrible dream. She thought.
"Amaya?" Amaya jolted from her chair.
She turned to look at Kazuki and Narumi. They were staring at her.
"Are you okay?" Kazuki asked.
"Y-yeah. I'm going out first. S-sorry." She mumbled.
Amaya went out of the library.
"What just happened?" Narumi asked Kazuki.
"I'm not sure." Kazuki stared at the door. Amaya, what's bothering you?
No comments:
Post a Comment