Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Part 30 : Accident

"Wait.. Did she mention the master?" Kaze stoped to think to himself a while after Amaya left.
"How'd she know?"

*********************************************

"Amaya-chan! You're finally back!!" Kazuki exclaimed cheekish-ly.

Amaya put her hand under his fringe over his forehead. "Are you having a fever?"

"WHAT?" Kazuki asked. (with the acting cute kind of angry frown over his face.)

"Okay.. Are you Kazu?" Amaya asked.

"WHAT??!" Kazuki asked. (now with a really puzzled look) "Why are you asking me?"

"You're not yourself. I mean you don't act like yourself." Amaya said as she put down her bag and put the sushi in the refridgerator.

As she did that, she overheard Narumi's voice from upstairs yelling at Kazuki, "KAZU!!! WE'RE GETTING PUNISHMENT FROM THE MASTER TOMORROW, REMEMBER!!"

"RIGHT!" Kazuki shouted back.

Amaya's head was in the refridgerator when she heard the yelling. She stopped. Where did I say that sentence? It sounds so familiar.

Suddenly she remembered. "Oh my-" BANG!!

"Amaya are you okay?" Kazuki ran to the kitchen. Amaya was sitting on the floor leaning against the opened refridgerator. She banged her head against the refridgerator's roof. It hurt, a lot.

"I think I'm okay." Amaya replied as Kazuki checked the back of her head.
Oh my gosh! Why did I say that sentence to Kaze?! Now he's gonna think too much. Crap. Why do I always let loose so much words accidentally?!

"Amaya?"
"Huh?"
"Your head is okay. Just a bit red that's all, but are YOU okay?" Kazuki asked her.

"Yea.. I guess." she mumbled. "What was that punishment Narumi said?"

"Oh. THAT." Kazuki stood up and gave her a hand. "Just the karate lesson we go to. The master's giving us our punishment for being late three times."

"Thanks to you, I guess." Amaya joked.
"Hey!!"

****************************************

The next day.

Amaya fought with herself while she walked to Kaze's deserted alley. She kept herself thinking:

Why do I always open my big mouth so much? Now he'd suspect that I was with the master last time. I'm sure he's heard about Hana before. Just that he hasn't heard that I was Hana.

As Amaya turned into the alley, a sharp shuriken* suddenly came flying towards her. She thought of dodging but just stood there and let it hit her at the front of her right shoulder.

"URGH!!" Amaya exclaimed as she fell on the ground. The packet of sushi fell out from her bag.

When was the last time I got hit by this thing? Why does it hurt so much more than I remember?! she thought as she wanted to pull it out from where it was.

A hand seized hers.

"Hey. I'm sorry." came Kaze's voice. He really was. He didn't see her coming and thought she was someone else.

When Amaya looked up at him, he was stunned. Amaya had tears in her eyes. Kaze tore his glance away from hers and it fell onto her bleeding shoulder. He couldn't bear to see it and looked at her again.

He didn't know what to say. All his life he'd seen tears but he couldn't stand it this time somehow.

"H-hey, I-I'm really sorry. I'll pull this thing out and here, I'll let you bite on my mask cause it'll hurt A LOT. But just promise me you'll close your eyes until it doesn't hurt anymore and after you've given back my mask." he finally blurted out.

It was Amaya's turn to be stunned.

What happened to this guy? H-he just said sorry and h-he's offering to help?!

She kept starring at him. Those yellow eyes don't seem to have the capibility kill anyone anymore. she thought.

"Hey," Kaze snapped at her. "You closing your eyes or not?"
"Oh! sorry. y-yea." she said. She was so caught up with her thoughts that her wound didn't hurt back then. Now it's starting to hurt again.

Amaya closed her eyes. She felt Kaze's grip on the Shuriken. He paused a while. He suddenly pulled it out. The pain was more excruciating then ever. Tears began to flow down her eyes more drastically.

Kaze did his thing to heal her wound. It felt a whole lot better. Amaya akwardly took Kaze's mask out from her mouth. It was kind of drenced with her tears. She still closed her eyes until Kaze said, "I'm done."

Amaya opened her eyes. She saw Kaze walking towards the sushi. He bent down and picked it up. "Thanks." he said and leaped away.




*A shuriken (Japanese 手裏剣; literally: "sword hidden in the hand") is a traditional Japanese concealed weapon that was generally used for throwing, and sometimes stabbing or slashing. They are sharpened hand-held blades made from a variety of everyday items such as needles, nails, and knives, as well as coins, washers, and other flat plates of metal.

Shuriken are commonly known in the West as "throwing stars" or "ninja stars", though they took many different shapes and designs during the time they were used. The major varieties of shuriken are the bō shuriken (棒手裏剣, stick shuriken) and the hira shuriken (平手裏剣, flat shuriken) or shaken (車剣, also read as kurumaken, wheel shuriken).

No comments:

Post a Comment