Sunday, December 5, 2010

Part 29 : Food

"Hmm..." Amaya mumbled looking at the rows of instant noodles. "Wonder which is nicer for a person like that? Oh well.."

Amaya grabbed four cups. "Today's Monday so one today amd one on Wednesday, then another on Friday. I'll eat the last one!"

She put the four cups into the basket provided in the conviniet store and walked to the next aisle.

Sushi.

Amaya looked at the packing then to the chef making fresh ones. It's obvious they only put out for sale the ones that were left for a while. So it wouldn't be that fresh. She reached into the pocket of her loose three-quater pants and took out a couple of yen notes.

"Psst." Amaya signaled to the chef. "Mind a fresh packet?" she whispered.

"No. Take the ones already out." he said.
"C'mon. It's for someone special. Please..." she begged.

"Alright. No seconds again."
"Thanks a lot." Amaya said delighted as she took the packet he handed to her which, of course had just been packed.

****************************************

Kaze ran back to the alley where he hangs around. He leaped up one of the buildings, opened the packet of mixed rice he stole and started gobbling down the food.

"Oh wow. How long have you been like this?"

Kaze jerked up, grabbed a bright long knife and pointed it at the 'intruder'

"Relax bro. It's me."

Amaya.

Seeing her, he sat down and continued eating.

"What'd you want?" he asked.

"Oh nothing much. Just-" she leaped up as well and sat next to him. Althought she kept a slight obvious distance. "I saw the news and thought maybe I could drop by and give you some stuff."

She handed him the things she bought earlier.

"The sushi'll get bad after tonight." Kaze remarked after he saw what she gave.

"I can keep it in the refridgerator at home and pass it to you when you want to eat it. When do you want to eat it?" she answered.

"Why're you doing this?"
"Consider it as a payback for saving me from Kenji, okay?" she said coldly.

"Beside that," she rosed up with the sushi in her bag. "I still don't quite like you after what you did to me and Kazu... Or whichever happened first."

She was about to jump down and leave but something caught ahold of her shirt. She turned.

"What now?" she asked Kaze.

"Stay."
"Huh?"
"Just stay for now. At least until I finish." Kaze said quite quietly.

Amaya stared at him.

A long pause.

Amaya was playfully thinking :
You're still a boy even if you're an assasin. And you're still human. Go on, say 'Please'. Quick! Before I go. I don't really want to go. Just say it. Be a man. Quick! I don't really want to-

"Please."
"Huh What?" Amaya said in a surprise.
"I said stay a little while longer, PLEASE." Kaze said unhappily.

"Ahaha." Amaya laughed and sat again.
"What so funny?"
"Nah. Actually, I heard you the first time."
"You-!"

"I'LL TAKE ALL OF THE FOOD BACK INCLUDING YOUR RICE IF YOU DO ANYTHING TO ME!!!!!" Amaya shouted in a funny way as she backed up.

Kaze sat back and sighed.

Amaya smiled. "So you haven't answer my question just yet."

"What?"
"How long have you been like this?" she repeated.

"Not long. Three days without food that's all." he said, still eating.

"Three days..." Amaya said absent-mindedly, looking at something. What she said suddenly caught her attention and it pulled her back to where she was.

"THREE DAYS WITHOUT FOOD??" she yelled.

She abruptly stoped.

Kaze was holding his katana* right next to her neck.

"Don't talk and yelled as if we're that close alright?" he warned her.

As he sat down again, Amaya said, "You know, you're getting softer these days. I wonder what's gotten into you."

Kaze stopped his spoonful of rice halfway in front of his mouth. He was obviously loosing his patience with Amaya. Yet, Amaya continued.

"You seem less fierce now, and you seldom get rid of people you're annoyed with on the spot to shut them up. You're don't act as cold as you were last time and you get punishments like not getting food and all by the master and stuff like that. Tell me, did you flung a few missions lately?"

In and instant, Kaze plunged his katana right into her neck, or so he thought he did. And a mini whirwind burst out and died away. It happened so fast not even a sound was made. When everything settled down again, Kaze was stunned.

This time, Amaya was the one who was holding his katana right beside his neck.

"What in the world-" he said, still standing at the position of holding the katana next to her neck. The only difference is that Amaya was the one holding the katana.

Amaya was slightly smiling at him. "If you think you're very fast, think again, pal."

She stood staight and gave him back his katana. Kaze took it back, still very, very stunned. To think that someone who he expected to be just a normal, simple and absent-minded person being so fast and "good skilled"

"I'll be going first. I'll take the sushi for you tomorow."




*Katana - The katana (?) is Japanese for backsword and often refers to the uchigatana after the Muromachi period, which is a type of Japanese sword (日本刀 nihontō?), also commonly referred to as a "samurai sword",[1] and generally defined as the standard size moderately curved (as opposed to the older "tachi" style featuring more curvature) Japanese sword with a blade length of greater than 60 cm (23.6 inches).[2]

No comments:

Post a Comment