Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Part 28 : Robbery?

RRRIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Recess again on another boring school day." Amaya mumbled to herself. "Wonder why nothing much goes on around here."

Looking around on the way to the spot where she'd jump to the top of the building, she said, "Why wouldn't anyone yell for nothing, or throw a table, or make a scene or-"

WHAMP!!!

Amaya bumped into someone and fell on her back. "Whoa! Can't you see where you're going?!" she yelled.

"Sh-SHIRO?!" she said as she raised her head up.

"Aren't you the one who's not looking where you're going?" he said coldly. "I was just standing here looking up."

Amaya picked herself up. "Where have you been the past few days?" she asked him.

"Why do you care?" Shiro said without even looking at Amaya.

What's wrong with him? Why's he talking so coldly? she thought.

It's like he's so far away from me even though, he's just standing in front of me.

"You, " Shiro cut the silence.
"Huh? Me what?"

"are annoying." he finished and walked away.

WHAT?!!! WHAT DID I DO??!!

***********************************************

"That's what happened." Amaya explained to the two boys at home.

"Whuat?" Narumi said. "What's his problem? Being so nice at the begining then dissapearing for almost two weeks and then suddenly become flat faced."

"Er.. Flat faced?" Amaya looked at him.

"I don't know, it just came out. Probaly it's my version of moody?" he laughed.

"I don't care about what's wrong with him." Kazuki said. "I care about what happened to him when he wasn't around and why did the school database said that he transfered to a school which doesn't exist."

"You've got a point." Amaya said. Narumi nodded.

"So what can we do?" Narumi pointed out. "It's not like we know anything about his family background right?"

"But he bears a very unlikely resemblance to Kaze, keep in mind of that." Amaya said.

"Are you sure?"Kazuki asked. "Even if you saw Kaze before, it was only once remember?"

"Yes. But I can almost remember his eyes. They both looked similar to Shiro's." she said.

"Amaya's right. Even if he doesn't bear a single resemblance to Kaze, don't you think that he's quite suspicious too?" Narumi told Kazuki.

"True."

"Hey, what's that on the television?" Amaya said, pointing at the television.

Narumi turned the volume higher.

"A strange robbery case has been reported in the Akagami restoran this morning. The stall owners were busy preparing for the lunch hour rush when a masked person, reportedly a teenage boy, crashed in just to get a packet of mixed rice from the rice stall. Security cameras picked up the whole incident."

"No way!" Narumi exclaimed. "Just for lunch? Is he that poor?"

The news replayed the video recorded by the security cameras in the restoran.

"Th-that's Kaze!" Amaya said.

"You sure?" Kazuki asked. "I thought his meals were paid for."

"This rarely happens, but if you don't get a job done, you'll have to survive on your own for a week without any pocket money from the master." Amaya explained.

"That's mean." Narumi said.

"I think I'd better be going now." Amaya said taking her bag on the floor.
"Where to?"

"Shopping for my stuff." Amaya said. "See you this evening!"

No comments:

Post a Comment