"Kaze appeared." Narumi replied. He told Shiro everything.
"I'm so sorry, I went to the toilet. Stomach ache." he explained briefly. "Should I go in?"
"Nope. She looks very shaken. Better leave her alone a while." Kazuki said.
*************************************
Amaya sat on her bed. She still couldn't believe what she saw. She held Kaze's bloody mask on her lap.
"Shiro's an assassin too?" she mumbled. There was a complicated feeling. She was very angry at him for hurting her and Kazuki. Then again he went through the same thing as her. No parents, no family, no friends.
Amaya ran her fingers through his black mask. Once upon a time she had one like his. Then she gained a higher level of skill and the master gave her another one. All the memories of being an assassin started pouring in again. Amaya couldn't stand it. Tears started pouring down like rain. She imagined Shiro going through what she went through.
There came a knock at her door.
Amaya hurriedly hid Kaze's mask under her pillow and wiped her eyes. "Come in."
Akira walked in and sat down next to her bed. He looked at her. Amaya just kept her eyes on her hands.
"Amaya." Akira said and put his hand on hers. "I-"
"You wanted to tell me that didn't you?" Amaya cut him.
"Amaya, I'm sorry." Akira said and told her everything he stole away from her memory.
"I felt so bad about what I did," Akira explained. "That's why I came to this camp to try to tell you.
"But when I was about to tell you this part, this happened."
Amaya just sat there quietly. There was yet another long pause. Akira fiddled with his finger. Something he always did when he was nervous.
"Shiro is Kaze huh?" Amaya said in a whisper.
"Please don't tell anyone that I have this." she continued as she took Kaze's mask from under her pillow.
"Wow. You have this?" Akira exclaimed.
"I tore it of his face just now." she answered.
"Okay. Everything's settled. I know it's hard but just try to act as if Shiro has nothing to do with this." he told her.
No comments:
Post a Comment